Posted on 2015-12-31 by Author admin
Jammed garage doors are not something unheard of. It can be very irritating when your door gets busted and you have a vehicle, valued at thousands and millions of dollars, stuck inside! Normally, the garage doors require fixing up on a regular basis so it is quite informative and helpful to have the basic knowledge about how to go about the best way of repairing it.Repairing a garage door is not much of an art or technical science; in fact it is quite simple and easy. This might be the reason why nearly everyone tries to handle these issues on their own.
Garage doors have become a necessity for every home. It clearly provides protection, security and even privacy in general. Therefore, a need for ongoing maintenance is very important. When we experience garage door malfunctions, it is not easy trying to find the cause and a solution. But you will be able to patch it up when you understand how it functions and how to troubleshoot.
Here is a list of 6 reasons why garage door gets stuck or jammed and you might solve it on your own or that will require you to call for help from Sacramento Garage Door Masters.
1. The door will not close all the way with the remote / operator – if this happens, see if there are bends on tracks then worn out extension springs. To fix, straighten bends and replace damaged springs.
2. The door squeaks and produce loud sounds – causes include dryhinges, bearings or rollers. A loud bash of sound indicates that there is something wrong with your opener. Again, check alll springs and oil bearings and rollers.
3. The door gets stuck – there is either and obstruction to the door’s trail or there’s something wrong with the remote itself. Check foreign objects and remove it. If it still doesn’t work, check the remote, oil the chains then if it still doesn’t do the trick, call for a professional help.
4. The door operates unexpectedly in the wrong way – this problem is a bit difficult as it implies various assumptions for this problem. It can be a sign of damaged and broken Garage Door Spring, extension pulleys might need replacements, lubrication needed, or a glitch with the sensors itself. Check everything, if you didn’t see the problem then it’s time to contact for a repair service.
5. Garage door opens on itself – Check the remote, it might be that there is someone controlling the door. If the remote is with you and you are not controlling it, check the wiring. There could be some wiring problems. If the wires are okay, try to reset or restore the settings. Look at a manual before you do this. If all else fails, do call for an expert help.
6. The door opener does not seem to operate with Remote – check if it is plugged and if the outlet is working. Check your remote control itself. Verify instructions to your manual about the remote / sensor set up and troubleshoot.
We have no assurance for a worry free garage doors. At some point, problems may occur. However, it is up to us on how we will preserve it to extend its shelf life. If you are not capable of fixing the problems, look up for repair experts via http://www.sacramentogaragedoormasters.com/ and let us handle everything.